Somerset, New Jersey has been a slower pace of life for me.
I am spending about 3 weeks with my Nana and Papa before heading towards Michigan and more hitchhiking.
It is a little hard for me to stay put. I was getting used to moving around all the time. I have been getting restless, so to Combat it (YEEAH!) I have started some projects:
1. Reading Books. So far, I have read Siddhartha by Hesse, The Road by Cormac McCarthy, and last night I finished, The Darwin Conspiracy by, oh… I don’t remember the author, but it is a historical fiction about what really happened on Darwin’s voyage around the world on the “Beagle.”
2. I started staining my Nana and Papa’s deck. Well, have been scrubbing the mildew off, so that I can apply the pre-stain mixture. Which then will allow me to stain their deck.
3. Joining a Gym! I am going to be buff. There is a small gym nearby, that I can join for 20$ for two weeks. They also have yoga classes and Spin classes have always seemed fun.
4. Reading Books on How to Make a Website! I rode my bike to New Brunswick, the home of the State University of New Jersey, Rutgers. I holed up in a bookstore and read some books on websites and Blogging.
You should start up a Blog!!!
Here are some tips:
1. Read other blogs!!! People write about everything. Whatever you are interested in, there are blogs about it.
2. Set Goals!!! How often do you want to write, what will you write about, etc. Specify what you are writing about.
3. Write!!! Write!!! The more the merrier! Good writing helps, but the more you write, the better you will become and the more you will find your “voice.”
4. Interact with the readers!!! This has been a great way for me to learn about what others are doing, to get feedback on my writing, and to make new friends.
Good Luck!!! and if you start up a blog, let me know.
Create Our World,
“The ease and appeal of blogging is inspiring a new group of writers and creators to share their voices with the world.” - Unknown